I managed to snag an interview with Bo from Broken Beak. Here’s what happened.
1. First off, who are you and what kind of music do you make?
It’s me, Bo. I like to refer to it as “naive rock”.
2. If you had to describe your music with a color, what would it be?
3. What’s the biggest struggle you have when it comes to creating?
Balancing the necessary suppression and useful expression of my neurosis.
4. If you could play any show in the world, what would it be?
Golden Tea House.
5. What do you consider your biggest musical success?
Our recent summer tour, more specifically playing Wrecking Ball in Atlanta.
6. What inspired you to start making music?
My best friend in high school, Marshal. He gave it up, though.
7. If you could hear any person living or dead sing to you, who would it be?
8.Who, aside from any band or musician, is your biggest influence?
My parents and all of their awful romantic endeavors.
9. What’s your favorite book?
10. What do you like to do other than music?
I enjoy making art, playing with my cat and pacing across the room.
11.Who is your favorite musical artist?
Brian Warren from Weatherbox.
12. What’s one piece of advice you have for young musicians?
I have no idea what I’m doing and someone wanted to interview me, so – I guess you can do anything you want.
13. Lastly, what’s your lucky number?
So, that was my interview with Bo from Broken Beak! You can follow the band on Instagram at @brokenbeakmusic, and check out their music on Spotify or iTunes.