I got the opportunity to interview Lauren and Rob of the band KOLARS. Here’s how it went.
1. First off, what genre of music do you make?
2. If you had to describe your music with a color, what would it be?
Silver, with a little bit of rust.
3. What’s the biggest struggle you have when it comes to creating?
Making sure the tempo is just right.
4. If you could play any show in the world, what would it be?
On a spaceship.
5. What do you consider your biggest musical success?
It’s a success as long as we’re both having fun.
6. What inspired you to start making music?
7. If you could hear any person living or dead sing to you, who would it be?
8. Who, aside from any band or musician, is your biggest influence?
Stanley Kubrick, Wayne Gretzky, Tim Burton, Diana Vreeland and Cher.
9. What’s your favorite book?
Lauren’s Favorite: The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers & I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou. Rob’s Favorite: David Copperfield by Charles Dickens.
10. What do you like to do other than music?
See films, go to shows, hang out with friends, and snuggle our cats.
11. Who is your favorite musical artist?
There are SO many, but here are are few: John Lennon, David Bowie, The Kinks, Spoon, Tina Turner, Prince, James Brown, The Clash, Cat Power.
12. What’s one piece of advice you have for young musicians?
Work hard, stay at it, don’t be too hard on yourself- being imperfect is cool.
13. Lastly, what’s your lucky number?
So, there you have it. You can follow KOLARS on Instagram at @kolarsmusic. Check them out on iTunes and Spotify.