I finally talked to Damien from The Sky We Share, and this is what he had to say.
- First off, who are you and what genre of music do you make?
Hi! my name is Damien Alexander, and I am the vocalist in a Post-Hardcore band named The Sky We Share.
2. If you had to describe your music with a color, what would it be?
A metallic silver for sure!
3. What’s the biggest struggle you have when it comes to creating?
Definitely feeling as if I’m using recycled ideas or lyrical concepts. Or like if I’m trying way too hard to convey a certain message and I can’t level things out.
4. If you could play any show in the world, what would it be?
I have always dreamed of playing to a sold out crowd at the Pomona, CA warped tour date!
5. What do you consider your biggest musical success?
As of now, I would consider that being opening for I See Stars and building my own fanbase through my personal social media content.
6. What inspired you to start making music?
Originally it was my cousin who got me into music at the age of five but as I grew older and got into doing vocals, what inspires me is the idea of helping others through their life struggles through my lyrics.
7. If you could hear any person living or dead sing to you, who would it be?
Anthony Kiedis or Sam Smith hands down!
8. Who, aside from any band or musician, is your biggest influence?
I really look up to Koi Fresco and his teachings! Love that guy so much.
9. What’s your favorite book?
My favorite book…Hmm that definitely goes to Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis!
10. What do you like to do other than music?
I really enjoy engaging in different spiritual practices and writing!
11. Who is your favorite musical artist?
Pierce the veil!
12. What’s one piece of advice you have for young musicians?
I have a few tips of advice. Know that nothing is granted to you, everything is earned. You are capable of absolutely anything, only you can stop yourself. You will want to give up playing music somewhere down the line, and as convincing as it may feel, this is never worth giving up!!
13. Lastly, what’s your lucky number?
My lucky number is 7!
Thanks for having me!
You can check out The Sky We Share on Spotify and iTunes, and be sure to follow them on Instagram at @theskyweshare.