Jeffertitti Moon answered 13 questions for me.
1. First off, who are you and what genre of music do you make?
Hello, My name is Jeffertitti Moon & lately I’ve been making modern experimental love songs under the moniker “Jeffertitti (& the Entire Universe)”. I’ve also been working on an Electromagnetic Disco Dub project called “The Dream Ride”.
2. If you had to describe your music with a color, what would it be?
probably something psycho-iridescent like an opal.
3. What’s the biggest struggle you have when it comes to creating?
I try to avoid struggles.
4. If you could play any show in the world, what would it be?
The concert to celebrate peace on earth & the far reaches of all galaxies.
5. What do you consider your biggest musical success?
Any moment when the worries of the world seem to melt away & it feels as though we’re somehow channeling the super harmonious god force and bringing it into something tangible.
6. What inspired you to start making music?
I’m sure it must have been things like seeing Buddy Rich play live when I was a baby. Growing up listening to 50’s music with my Mom & 80’s music with my Pops. Listening to Pink Floyd on vinyl with headphones as a toddler or hearing Nirvana for the first time as a teen. I’ve had my life saved by music more times than I can count so I feel indebted to play my part in paying that back/forward.
7. If you could hear any person living or dead sing to you, who would it be?
8. Who, aside from any band or musician, is your biggest influence?
I love the story of Vincent Van Gogh. As far as I know, he never received any “success” as a living artist, but now his work is considered some of the most influential & still has a huge effect on people. He went as far as to cut off his own ear & then died not knowing how important his work would become.
9. What’s your favorite book?
I love reading biographies about people whom I respect & admire. Also, really like this book called “seed”, that has all these little cards you can rip out and give to people. Kind of like planting little knowledge seeds into the world.
10. What do you like to do other than music?
I love to dance, practice yoga, watch films, prepare food, drink coffee and spend as much time as possible in the sunshine.
11. Who is your favorite musical artist?
There’s way too many to play favorites. Really, the artists I admire the most are the ones who are able to push the boundaries while remaining true & purposeful with their expression. Maybe my favorite hasn’t even been born yet & music will keep reaching even greater levels in the future.
12. What’s one piece of advice you have for young musicians?
Follow your excitement! Also, there’s no “wrong” or “right” way to do something. Only one person can do what you were born to do & that’s you.
13. Lastly, what’s your lucky number?
You can check out Jeffertitti Moon on Bandcamp and follow him on Instagram at @jeffertitti.