- First off, who are you and what genre of music do you make?
Joselyn Rivera – singer/songwriter/over thinker. I make pop/experimental sounds.
- If you had to describe your music with a color, what would it be?
Midnight blue/black and sunset yellow. Darkness and light intertwined.
- What’s the biggest struggle you have when it comes to creating?
Overthinking instead of flowing. The best idea, lyric is usually the first one that comes to mind. Unfiltered and raw.
- If you could play any show in the world, what would it be?
As many places in the world I can possibly play. Places I haven’t reached or have never been to.
- What do you consider your biggest musical success?
Figuring myself out independently – Every song I’ve written on my own.
- What inspired you to start making music?
Finding another avenue to communicate with people inspired me to make music. It’s the best way I know being an introvert.
- If you could hear any person living or dead sing to you, who would it be?
If Whitney Houston, MJ and Prince joined forces in a live setting I’d quietly sit through the whole thing. Also, John Mayer.
- Who, aside from any band or musician, is your biggest influence?
My mom and my dog.
- What’s your favorite book?
- What do you like to do other than music?
Watch horror films. Go for walks/hikes. Photography.
- Who is your favorite musical artist?
- What’s one piece of advice you have for young musicians? Don’t wait for the right situation or timing, create it. Go with your gut on everything. People are only as right about you as you make them. And lastly, You’re as capable alone and should feel complete as a one man team before expanding. That’s all.
- Lastly, what’s your lucky number?
You can follow Joselyn on Instagram at @joselynrivera. Be sure to check her out on iTunes and Spotify.