- First off, who are you and what genre of music do you make?
Hi, we’re The Seamonsters and we make indie glitter tunes.
- If you had to describe your music with a color, what would it be?
Pastel pink or glittery blue.
- What’s the biggest struggle you have when it comes to creating?
There’s 6 of us and we all have different ideas so it sometimes makes it hard to bring them all together to create the magic.
- If you could play any show in the world, what would it be?
- What do you consider your biggest musical success?
Probably the songs we’ve recently recorded (we’ve not released any of them yet but they’re coming!!)
- What inspired you to start making music?
The fact that we all loved music and other people our age were starting bands so it made sense for us to do the same.
- If you could hear any person living or dead sing to you, who would it be?
Bowie, George Michael, Morrissey, Alex Turner, Jarvis Cocker, Thom Yorke, Kate Bush, Bjork, Aretha Franklin and loads more.
- Who, aside from any band or musician, is your biggest influence?
In terms of style I’d say we’re very influenced by Alexa Chung, Blondie, Izzy from Black Honey, Kate Moss and many more. Our everyday influences are each other because we always keep each other going and influence each other’s creativity.
- What’s your favorite book?
Bob Dylan’s autobiography, Girl in a Band, Girl on the Train, Joyland, and The Great Gatsby.
- What do you like to do other than music?
We love doing art and photography and generally anything creative. Sometimes we all just lie in bed snapchatting each other, is that weird?
- Who is your favorite musical artist?
We love The Smiths, Smashing Pumpkins and Pulp, as well as current indie bands like Wolf Alice, Circa Waves, The Magic Gang and Black Honey.
- What’s one piece of advice you have for young musicians?
Start a band with people you love spending time with and make sure you all have a passion for music and creating it. Take inspiration from other bands but don’t try and sound exactly the same; you need to find your own original sound. Play lots of gigs and practice loads!!!!
- Lastly, what’s your lucky number?
Naomi – 8
Ciara – 3
Tassie – 4
Ella – 18
Lauren – 9
Holly – 42
You can find The Seamonsters on youtube. Be sure to follow them on Instagram at @the_seamonsters!