CLICK HERE TO LISTEN WHILE YOU READ
1. First off, who are you and what genre of music do you make?
We are The Georgia flood and we consist of Brooks and Lane. We’re two brothers that have been playing music pretty much all of our lives, and for the past two years focused as The Georgia Flood. If I had to say what our music sounded like it would be American Indie Rock.
2. If you had to describe your music with a color, what would it be?
It will be blue because blue looks good with anything, LOL.
3. What’s the biggest struggle you have when it comes to creating?
The biggest struggle when it comes to writing is writing for yourself and not to sound like anything else. You’re obviously going to have things and sounds that are influenced other artists but you had to figure out your own way to make it unique.
4. If you could play any show in the world, what would it be?
We would love to play Red Rocks. That is a beautiful venue.
5. What do you consider your biggest musical success?
Our biggest musical success would have to be touring throughout the country and hearing people that we’ve never met singing our songs back to us. It’s a wild feeling!
6. What inspired you to start making music?
I wasn’t good at sports and my academic future didn’t look that promising so I picked up the guitar and decided that I would spend as much time as I could getting better at guitar and singing. And when we finally got tips at one show I realize we can make money doing what we love.
7. If you could hear any person living or dead sing to you, who would it be?
Easily, that would be John Mayer. Luckily we’re going to see him in August. I’ve always looked up to John Mayor as a great influence.
8. Who, aside from any band or musician, is your biggest influence?
Our biggest non-artist influence is our fans. I know it sounds corny but they’re the only ones that really keep us going when things get tough and we start to struggle. It’s when we see comments and things for our fans that really brings our spirit up and helps to make us keep going.
9. What’s your favorite book?
My favorite book has to be Keith Richards’ autobiography, Life. That thing really tells it like it is.
10. What do you like to do other than music?
I’m a very outdoorsy person. I love being outside. Hiking, hunting; just stuff like that. And, hanging with family.
11. Who is your favorite musical artist?
Other than John Mayer, probably Young The Giant. Those guys know how to write some great music!
12. What’s one piece of advice you have for young musicians?
Make sure it’s what you want to do, because ultimately music a business unlike anything else. It’s gonna feel like you’re failing a lot, but it’s just what you have to go through. If you want it bad enough it will happen. It’s when the little wins happen that make you feel good. But at the same time it’s one of the best and can be one of the most rewarding jobs. So my advice is to just keep doing what you’re doing, cause there is no other way to make it!
13. Lastly, what’s your lucky number?
That’s a great one. 13, of course!
You can follow The Georgia Flood on Instagram at @thegeorgiaflood. Be sure to check them out on Spotify!