1. First off, who are you and what genre of music do you make?
Hello, all! This is Dorian Gates from the alternative metal band Ghost Season
from Athens, Greece.
2. If you had to describe your music with a color, what would it be?
Deep red. With a pinch of black.
3. What’s the biggest struggle you have when it comes to creating?
Personally, I’m miserable as fuck when it comes to writing lyrics. I love the melancholic music, and I love the darker side of feelings when it comes to it. Music is like a mirror to me. I can’t write for birds and happy things la la la.But fortunately, I have someone who picks up my black gloomy heart and takes it in a better place.
4. If you could play any show in the world, what would it be?
Anywhere with Mercyful Fate.
5. What do you consider your biggest musical success?
We don’t have any musical success. I think it is nice that people are interested in what we do, and I respect when I see supportive emails from people around the world. It’s a nice feeling when you know that someone somewhere far away is listening to your music, to the product you put so much love and effort on and means something to them.
6. What inspired you to start making music?
Heavy Metal! I’m a bit of a metalhead. And a bit of a goth too.
7. If you could hear any person living or dead sing to you, who would it be?
Buddha! To sing to me the larger truth and inner peace, one that couldn’t be manipulated with words, knowledge, or artifice. And probably Jim Morrison and David Bowie.
8. Who, aside from any band or musician, is your biggest influence?
Edgar Allan Poe and Oscar Wilde.
9. What’s your favorite book?
I don’t have any favorite books right now, I mostly read autobiographies and this only happens when I’m in the loo. Sometimes Folklore too. The last books I read were the Matrix of Power by Jordan Maxwell and Isis Unveiled by H.P. Blavatsky.
10. What do you like to do other than music?
Reading about the occult and shopping on eBay.
11. Who is your favorite musical artist?
That’s a tough one. Let me think about it…
12. What’s one piece of advice you have for young musicians?
Follow your dreams. Don’t listen to what anyone else says. Take your work (music) seriously. If you don’t take it, nobody will. Nobody will help you as much as you will help yourself. Patience is the key.
13. Lastly, what’s your lucky number?
I don’t have lucky numbers. But I have a favorite cake. It’s black vanilla!
You can follow Ghost Season on instagram at @ghostseasonmusic, and be sure to check them out on iTunes and Spotify.