1. First off, who are you and what genre of music do you make?
We are MYFEVER from Northwest, FL and Atlanta, Georgia. We make arena rock. Many people would consider the music alternative or just rock, but we like to think it’s music for the masses.
2. If you had to describe your music with a color, what would it be?
Light bluish grey.
3. What’s the biggest struggle you have when it comes to creating?
I would say at this point in my life the largest challenge is prioritizing the time to write. As you get a little bit older time has a way of slipping by and hours once spent on daydreaming are now spent on relationships, work, and bills. It’s the daily routines that kill you.
4. If you could play any show in the world, what would it be?
Man, selfishly I’d play the shit out of some guitar at a Black Crowes reunion show. I have a deep love for rootsy Americana music, particularly the lead guitar in that kinda music. From a MYFEVER perspective, I’d really love to open for Radiohead where Thom Yorke and I meet in the green room and instantly become best friends.
5. What do you consider your biggest musical success?
I’m very proud of our new ep Born For Spaces. I think it’s the best thing I’ve been a part of to date.
6. What inspired you to start making music?
There’s a spider called the diving bell spider that resides in central Europe and Northern Asia that breathes air but lives underwater. It survives by grabbing little pockets of air in its hydrophobic hairs on its abdomen and legs and then bringing those bubbles underwater to breathe. So that’s going on and I’m over here having a human existential conversation about forgiveness with a friend over a beer. Life is a completely miraculous, mysterious, scary and beautiful all at once. I think that kind of heaviness inspired me to write music and still does to this day.
7. If you could hear any person living or dead sing to you, who would it be?
The psalmist David. I’d get him to show me the secret chord.
8. Who, aside from any band or musician, is your biggest influence?
My mom is a huge influence. She’s always been there and always been so gracious and loving. That inspires me every day.
9. What’s your favorite book?
I really like Bob Dylan’s biography volume one – Chronicles.
10. What do you like to do other than music?
I love to cook. I’m not very good yet but it’s so relaxing to me and a lot like music but so refreshingly different at the same time.
11. Who is your favorite musical artist?
It’s probably a three-way tie between Kings of Leon, Ryan Adams, and Radiohead.
12. What’s one piece of advice you have for young musicians?
There is nothing more important than the songs. Be faithful to the marketing. Present yourself professionally, but never forget about the actual music. That’s the craft that you’re actually selling and hopefully, that’s what you actually love.
13. Lastly, what’s your lucky number?
You can follow MYFEVER on Instagram at @myfeverband, and be sure to check them out on iTunes and Spotify.