1. First off, who are you and what genre of music do you make?
We are Paloma (Dove, Bird, Pigeon) We can see our genre soon disappearing. Right now it’s coined ‘Spook Psych’ but you can expect more genres to pile on in time.
2. If you had to describe your music with a color, what would it be?
3. What’s the biggest struggle you have when it comes to creating?
The overwhelming goal of perfection.
4. If you could play any show in the world, what would it be?
Any show with a good crowd. Everyone really into the music and moment. Outside lands, Glastonbury, etc…
5. What do you consider your biggest musical success?
Once, a girl had said that our music had helped her with her anxiety. It’s not all about girls, but a big part of the music we play is about these types of illnesses.
6. What inspired you to start making music?
Grease Lighting Baby.
7. If you could hear any person living or dead sing to you, who would it be?
8. Who, aside from any band or musician, is your biggest influence?
9. What’s your favorite book?
Ernest Hemingway- Men Without Woman 😉
10. What do you like to do other than music?
Well, some of us are into botany (we grow weed). One of us has a 4:30 mile time. One of us is starting a coffee shop in the valley (plug). One of us really likes modular synthesizers. We really like film and already have a few stems of scripts lying around.
11. Who is your favorite musical artist?
Let’s go with Daft Punk. Vanity is what you make of it.
12. What’s one piece of advice you have for young musicians?
We as musicians are given the opportunity of a platform. Once given that platform it’s easy for an artist to become even more self-absorbed, therefore relaying that very message to their listeners. I’d just like to see more musicians spreading a more positive, selfless message. It seems the future of this planet and everyone on it can go one of two ways…
13. Lastly, what’s your lucky number?
You can follow Paloma on Twitter at @paloma_socal. Be sure to check them out on iTunes and Spotify!