We are Have Mercy and we play rock. Other people would maybe pinpoint us closer to a specific genre but I like to say just rock.
2. If you had to describe your music with a color, what would it be?
I’d say like a dark blue. Sometimes red.
3. What’s the biggest struggle you have when it comes to creating?
I think the biggest struggle is figuring out how everyone is going to perceive your art and what message you want to send. It can be tough.
4. If you could play any show in the world, what would it be?
Probably one with Foo Fighters. That would be sick.
5. What do you consider your biggest musical success?
Probably being able to travel Europe and U.K. It was a great experience.
6. What inspired you to start making music?
Mainly just having something to say and wanting people to hear it.
7. If you could hear any person living or dead sing to you, who would it be?
8. Who, aside from any band or musician, is your biggest influence?
My parents. I want to succeed in music and make them proud.
9. What’s your favorite book?
That’s a tough one. I don’t think I could put my finger on just one.
10. What do you like to do other than music?
I like spending time with friends. Anytime I’m with my friends I’m in a good mood.
11. Who is your favorite musical artist?
Manchester Orchestra is up there. I listen to so much though.
12. What’s one piece of advice you have for young musicians?
Think outside of the box and don’t be afraid to try anything.
13. Lastly, what’s your lucky number?
I would say 27. It’s always been my favorite.
You can follow Have Mercy on Twitter at @HaveMercyMD, and be sure to check them out on iTunes and Spotify!